This morning, just a few seconds after waking up, immediately rolled over to my charging phone and proceeded to do what I do every morning; check for new snap chats, Instagram likes, Facebook messages, followers on vine, retweets on twitter, and maybe even a couple notes on tumblr. Then I got up, had some human contact with the fam bam and then went back to it, and the pattern will probably continue throughout the weekend and in between the wee hours in school and between homework assignments. Safe to say, I spend at least a quarter of my day interacting on social media, and I’m sure this isn’t far from other kids my age. So instead of using the virtual world as a cure for boredom, here are some alternative things to do instead you may never have thought of.
1. Visit your local library
2. Open one of your mom’s cookbooks and attempt to cook. Remember that failure is always okay.
3. Paint something (I’m giving up on you)
4. Write a letter to a distant family member. Include stickers, glitter, candy if wanted.
5. Plan a “Super Date” around town. Set aside a couple of hours to do some service, a scavenger hunt, and maybe even a picnic on a hill. Don’t forget the bikes.
6. Research charities you can relate to or share a cause you have a passion for and donate your time/money/old toys.
7. Blow the dust off an old board game.
8. Go swimming if it’s hot, skating if it’s cold. (Or you know switch it up or combine if you like das cool)
9. Call grandma and just check in.
10. Go window shopping downtown and don’t buy a thing.
11. Give a sibling some special attention
12. Study a globe or a map of the area you live
13. Read those books you got from the library
14. Go to the gym
15. Write in a Journal
16. Give yourself a mini payday by gathering up loose change around the house and take it to the bank
17. Map out your future according to long term goals you’ve had
18. Go through your parents old CD’s and listen for sounds you might like
19. Record daily life using the same awkward hand technique as this here fellow photographer
20. Go throwback thursday shopping (yes thats bebe joto)
21. Make Lemonade/Orange Juice and then sell it on the corner. Proceeds to a charity maybe? But hey if you need it to pay off iTunes debts we’re not judging)
Or then there’s this… you could definitely do this. Unless you’re bald or have lice. I’m sorry but that’s just not good.
Pictures are from tumblr or mine.
I hope you guys enjoyed this post and I hope you all have an unusually wonderful monday.